So now I’ve been blogging for a year, I thought I would share tips and tricks I’ve learnt along the way and also ‘confessions’ of being a blogger!
Tips and Tricks:
- 1. Blue tac is your best friend when it comes to flatlays! I don’t know what I did before I started using it! There’s nothing more frustrating than setting up the perfect flatlay, but that one lipstick just won’t stay put!
- 2. Foam boards for white backgrounds- you can find these on Ebay for £5-£10 it’s so easy and just easily slides under your bed/in your wardrobe when your’re finished but doesn’t bend!
- 3. Invest in some sort of lighting- this massively improved my photos. ESPECIALLY in winter when there’s basically no sun light! I use two umbrella lights from Ebay.
- 4. Props, props and more props! Flowers, ribbon, books, it’s good to have a little stash of pretty things! I think this makes your pictures look so much more well thought out.
Confessions of a beauty blogger:
- 1. Buying things purely because ‘that would be good to blog about’. This happens a lot! It’s a good excuse though, right?
- 2. Drifting off to sleep and having a blog post idea pop into your head so you have to grab a notebook and write it down immediately! (and then probably never end up using it anyway)
- 3 .Having a backlog of Instagram photos prepared ‘just in case’ these are always needed!
- 4. I can’t actually do any of the ‘tec’ stuff myself, I’m hopeless and if it wasn’t for my boyfriend I wouldn’t even have a blog
- 5. Always having to use a thesaurus because I can’t think of the word I want to use!
- 6. Taking 126 photos and still not being happy with a single one!
- 7. Spending a LOT of time scrolling through Pinterest to find inspiration
- 8. Getting a new lipstick and not using it until you’ve taken pictures of it. Far too perfect to ruin!
I hope you guys enjoyed finding out a bit more about me and what goes on behind the scenes! I really enjoyed writing something different today! I will definitely do more personal posts like this in the future. Also I’d love to know if any of you who are bloggers have any secret tips?